[Development] Un-messifying Qt Quick

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Wed Oct 10 20:23:49 CEST 2012

On Oct 10, 2012, at 7:53 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On segunda-feira, 24 de setembro de 2012 15.07.06, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> import          $prefix/imports         $prefix/imports         $prefix/imports
>>             QtQuick 1.[01]          QtQuick 1.[01]          QtQuick 2.0
>
> Hmm... Qt Quick 1 in Qt 5 supports installing its files in a subdirectory of
> imports called "QtQuick1".
>
> Should that:
> a) be removed, so that Qt Quick 2 uses a subdirectory or a separate directory
> altogether?
> b) remain called "QtQuick1"
> c) be renamed to "QtDeclarative" ?
>
> My preference is (a). The QML 2 files should go to "qml2", not to "imports".

imports is in a way the good name, as that relates to the QML import statement. But I see your point that it's been used by QML 1.

I am against making QML2 a subdirectory of imports (ie. option a1). So either a separate directory, or we keep the QML 1 modules in a subdirectory. Both are ok for me.

Cheers,
Lars