[Development] Qt 5 file hierarchy

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Thu Oct 11 12:01:51 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:39:35AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quarta-feira, 10 de outubro de 2012 18.04.18, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 06:01:28PM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > As for mkspecs, I believe they should be in share, since they are
> > > technically- speaking arch-independent.
> >
> > except for qconfig.pri, which spoils the whole party.
>
> Right... how difficult would it be to make qmake search for the mkspecs in two
> different paths?
> 	$prefix/share/qt5/mkspecs
> 	$prefix/lib/qt5/mkspecs
> ?
>
> If it's hard, then we need to put them all in lib.

it wouldn't be terribly hard. it would just make some (well spread) code
more complex. basically, $$[QT_HOST_DATA]/mkspecs/<somefile> would turn
into $$search_path(QMAKE_MKSPECS, <somefile>) or something like that
(that function needs to be written yet).

fwiw, the default mkspec links would need to go to lib, too, obviously.