[Development] Co-installation & library naming rules

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Oct 11 20:56:44 CEST 2012

On quinta-feira, 11 de outubro de 2012 12.00.41, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> If there is a general agreement that this is needed then it would seem
> that doing this in the context of the Qt project is the ideal
> solution. This would also reduce the amount of work required as there
> is already an agreed upon place to collaborate (the Qt project), and
> as we all get our source from the Qt project there is minimal
> opportunity for solutions to diverge.

Agreed. Think about this:

There are a certain number of people who build Qt from sources. Those are
usually the Qt developers, the embedded device developers, the packagers and a
handful of KDE developers.

The vast majority will get it pre-built.

Considering all the changes I am proposing do NOT harm any of the people that
build from sources, why should we NOT do them? Other than that it requires
work on your part, Ossi.