[Development] License header updates for other than master branches

Anttila Janne Janne.Anttila at digia.com
Fri Oct 12 09:09:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

Lars mentioned in "Digia acquisition closed" mail a while ago that we need to change the copyright headers in all Qt source files from Nokia to Digia.

AFAIK: Iikka did that work for master branch in all Qt5 repositories. However in some of the Qt5 repositories there are other branches as well, list of those in the end of this mail.

Now "owners" of those branches should do the license header update as well. If the branches are already merged to master and not used anymore, I suggest that those branches are just removed. For branches which are still actively used one should merge from master to get license headers updated. If you have already updated the branch to contain correct license headers, then you can of course ignore this mail. In case you decide to remove the branch, please let me know it. This because some of the branches are CI tested and the CI configurations should be updated if the branch is removed. For example the following CI jobs are failing (if started manually) due to incorrect license header: Qt3D_1_0_RC1_Integration, QtJsonDb_kvs_Integration, QtJsonDb_hbtree_Integration.

List of remote branches per repository (excluding master):
    Entering 'qlalr'
      origin/qlalr2
    Entering 'qt3d'