[Development] Issue when setting up the network test server

Rohan McGovern rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com
Mon Oct 15 02:42:38 CEST 2012

Sébastien Fricker said:
> Hi,
> I had a try to follow http://qt.gitorious.org/qtqa/sysadmin/blobs/master/README.network_test_server.txt
> to setup the network test server for the code coverage statistic computation (http://download.froglogic.com/public/qt5-squishcoco-report/)
>
> I'm facing on an issue:
> To reconfigure, run: /var/qtqa/sysadmin/puppet/nodecfg.pl -interactive
> + echo Running puppet...
> Running puppet...
> + /var/qtqa/sysadmin/puppet/sync_and_run.pl
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric ge (>=) at /var/qtqa/sysadmin/puppet/sync_and_run.pl line 374.
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric ge (>=) at /var/qtqa/sysadmin/puppet/sync_and_run.pl line 374.
> Could not parse for environment production: Syntax error at '{'; expected '}' at /var/qtqa/sysadmin/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp:13

Hi Sébastien,

I think you will need to upgrade your version of puppet.
Can you please try puppet >=2.7.19?

On Ubuntu 10.04 (suggested platform for network test server), that can
be installed from this repo: 'deb http://apt.puppetlabs.com/ lucid main'

Actually, the bootstrap/ubuntu1004_bootstrap.sh script in the sysadmin repo was
supposed to already set up that repository for you.