[Development] Qt 5 file hierarchy

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Mon Oct 15 18:24:25 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 06:03:46PM +0200, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:01:51 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > fwiw, the default mkspec links would need to go to lib, too, obviously.
>
> Or the default mkspec should be removed entirely.
>
> The default can be hardcoded in qmake, or am I missing something? It wouldn't
> make sense to compile 3rd party code using a different mkspec than the one
> used to build Qt, right?

hmm, yeah, we could do that, indeed. just write the spec names out to
qconfig.cpp, like the paths, etc.  this would allow us to remove some
obscure code which even deviates between platforms.
the problem being that a lot of unix-based 3rd party build systems rely
on the symlink's presence. but we'd break that if we move it to a
different directory anyway.