[Development] New branch in qtdoc for Qt 5.0 documentation brush-up (update)

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at digia.com
Mon Oct 15 19:59:18 CEST 2012

Update to documentatin and branches.

Fredag 5. oktober 2012 09.15.48 skrev Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt:
> On 10/04/2012 05:21 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > On Thursday, October 04, 2012 17:06:08 Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt wrote:
> >> If
> >> you are working on changes to the qtdoc repository, could you please
> >> move it over to "newdocs" branch so we can minimize conflicts?
> >
> > Excuse my circular logic, but if everyone should commit to newdocs and no
> > one should commit to master, let's delete the master branch entirely,
> > rename newdocs to master and work there instead. That way, we we're done
> > with this complicated branch issue before the newdocs branch was even
> > created.
> >
> > In other words: Why create a branch at all?

We had Tor Arne volunteering to make the build of the modularized
documentation properly (awesome).
He now spent some time fixing the build and voila, we will have properly
modularized documentation that can do two pass runs and will work nicely for
everyone (we hope ;) ).

In order not to mess up the beta 2 docs completely (we don't know if we get
done in time), we created a "newdocs" branch in every repo now.

The plan is to update and fix all the overview documentation in these branches
and getting rid of the modularized doc building left-overs. Instead we will
have it properly working from toplevel qt5.git.

Building docs
in the qt5.git repo (with the other modules checked out and configure run) run
"make docs"
Run "make docs" again to get all links right.

Since this is pretty disruptive, we'll wait until the new documentation and
the new way of building it is somewhat usable. In the mean time, if you want
to work on overview docs (qdoc files, not inline documentation in the code),
it would be great if you used the newdocs branches.

Greetings
Frederik