[Development] New high-dpi QPen proposal

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Fri Oct 19 09:57:05 CEST 2012

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:08:30 +0000, Bache-Wiig Jens wrote:

> We keeping the explicit 0-pen
> working as before. In addition, we introduce a CosmeticPenByDefault
> render hint  that Qwt can set on its painter to make all pens cosmetic
> by default. (not just 0-pen)

Well, use cases for cosmetic pens also exist for Qwt, but are by far less
important. So such a modification limits the number of Qwt applications
that will be broken.

> We already set the render hint NonCosmeticPenByDefault on
> GraphicsView ...

I'm not completely happy with a solution where Qwt sets some magic mode
behind the scene, that is not set for usual QPainter use cases. But as
the user seems to be used to such a thing from QGV ...

Uwe