[Development] Summary of renaming changes

Poenitz Andre Andre.Poenitz at digia.com
Fri Oct 19 12:03:49 CEST 2012

Sorvig Morten wrote:
> Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > looks like there's quite some discussion about Thiago's proposal.
> > Let's see if we can get at least agreement on most of the changes
> > and then focus on the parts that are controversial.
>
> To me this looks like a case where there clearly won't be a consensus,
> which means we're going to need a Chief Maintainer decision at some
> point. I hope we can all respect what ever that will be, and then move on.

The problem is only solved by a decision if the decision is "stay put".

In the other case, someone has to cleanup the fallout. Neither tooling
nor user projects will magically adjust just because there was a Word.

Andre'

PS: I honestly start wondering how a change with such an impact can be
seriously considered _at all_ that late in the process. Trivial additions
have been rejected for months because we are in feature freeze and
now _that_.