[Development] Summary of renaming changes

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Oct 19 19:32:43 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-19, Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com> wrote:
>> I have, as a distributor, frequently gotten 'hate' in #qt for providing
>> switchable qmakes.
>>
> using (debian style) altenatives for that is pretty stupid.

I guess that proves my point quite good...

> as i've already written about three times, this is an argument for you
> guys finally agreeing on something and actually sticking to it, not
> upstream forcing this change on *all* users.

Assuming distro1 needs change A and B to be applied to be in line with
distro policies, distro2 needs change B and C, and distro 3 needs change
D and E, and all distros want to do as little changes to upstream as
possible...

I guess distros and stuff could do a permanent fork thingie, but do we,
as in Qt Project actually want to encourage that? Like go-oo.org? like
eglibc? like ...

Really. I really want, both as a Qt contributor and a Qt packager to
ship a pristine Qt. Please help me make it happen.

*hugs* and *kisses*

/Sune