[Development] New proposal for the tool naming

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Sun Oct 21 18:12:28 CEST 2012

On Sunday, October 21, 2012 09:45:57 you wrote:
> On Sun 21 Oct 2012 05:40:13 Stephen Kelly escribió:
> [snip]
>
> > I get the impression that most people developing against Qt, even on
> > Linux,
> > are using the SDK.
>
> Well, my impression is exactly the contrary: most people developing against
> Qt just install the development packages.

It depends whether they are targetting a particular Qt version (choose the SDK
or a tarball of binaries, no matter what the distros provide. "We use Qt 4.6.2
because all later versions have 'bugs' and our app doesn't work") or
targetting the distro ("The program must work on Ubuntu 12.04 and Fedora 14").

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer
** Qt Developer Conference: http://qtconference.kdab.com/ **