[Development] xcb-icccm dependency in Qt 5/libxcb

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Oct 22 16:22:51 CEST 2012

Hi Giuseppe,

The wall I'm hitting is that platforms/libxcb.so compiled on Ubuntu 10.11 has a dependency to libxcb-icccm.so.4, while my OpenSUSE 12.1 only features libxcb-icccm.so.1 . The other dependency missing is libicu(*).so.49 , but I understood we'll ship our own ICU for prebuilt packages on Linux, and anyway compiling your own ICU is a piece of cake.

I ran the latest lsb app checker (http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb/download) on the package, and it complains about 6 libraries 'not common' in distributions:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=w1pa4y&s=6

The worrying ones are libudev.so.0 (though this one is available for my OpenSUSE), and the libxcb ones. I think everyone who wants to distribute binary Qt libs on Linux will have to deal with these somehow ...

Regards

Kai