[Development] QmlImportPath

Wehmer, Matthias Matthias.Wehmer at draeger.com
Wed Oct 24 09:56:28 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

we are still having problems with the QmlImportPath. There is also already a bug reported:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-20539?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel

Reminder: The problem looks like this. We have a custom plugin which is installed in the default import directory in the Qt path. Here it works fine with any Qml files. The problem occurs if we want to change the location of the plugin. For example we moved it to the directory of the executable. It is recognized, that there is a plugin there. Anyway we just get a white screen and the following error message:
"File name case mismatch for "<CORRECT_PATH_TO_PLUGIN>""

I've also found this: http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt-quick3d-snapshot/qt3d-troubleshooting.html#problem-7-case-mis-match-on-loading-qml-plugins (Problem 7).

Probably they are connected. Does anyone know, if this is gonna be solved in the Qt 5 RC1?
In my opinion this is a really bothering issue that should be resolved quickly as it is a potential cause of many errors, that are hard to detect.
Maybe you have more information on this topic or now another solution then just reinstallaing everything without any Capital letters in the paths. :)

Greetings
Matthias
---
This communication contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please return this email to the sender and delete it from your records.

Diese Nachricht enthaelt vertrauliche Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger dieser E-mail sein, senden Sie bitte diese an den Absender zurueck und loeschen Sie die E-mail aus Ihrem System.