[Development] QmlImportPath

Chris Adams chris.adams at qinetic.com.au
Thu Oct 25 02:22:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

> we are still having problems with the QmlImportPath. There is also already
> > a bug reported:
> >
> > https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-
> > 20539?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-
> > tabpanel <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-
> > 20539?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-
> > tabpanel>
>
> Sounds pretty much like
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-17529 , or a variant of
> it. I don't know whether the patch I've proposed at
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,33415 would help you though,
> since it fixes the problem only for absolute paths set to
> QtQUickView::setSource and QQmLEngine::setBaseUrl ... Actually I'm more
> than ever convinced that QML shouldn't check for file case sensitivity at
> all (on case insensitive file systems), or at least not in folder names.
> Feel free to vote.

I believe that the problem is that (as Aaron states in that change request)
if we don't enforce case-sensitivity, we get the unfortunate situation that
an application which works on Windows, or Mac OS X, might not work on
Linux.  By enforcing case sensitivity, we ensure that the application works
on all platforms without requiring any changes.  In the past, we had heaps
of bug reports about this exact issue, until we started enforcing case
sensitivity on all platforms.

I've added Martin Jones to that change request to get his opinion, but I
would be surprised if changing this behaviour at this point in time is
sensible.

Cheers,
Chris.