[Development] [Interest] Current status of the co-installation

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 30 02:15:31 CET 2012

On terça-feira, 30 de outubro de 2012 10.12.02, Chris Adams wrote:
> qml2scene makes more sense than qml2viewer, in my opinion.

Thanks, that means I don't need to change anything. It also helps in Qt
Creator because it knows that Qt Quick 2 = scene and Qt Quick 1 = viewer.

> I've added some comments to various reviews, although I'm slightly confused
> about what the current plan is with respect to 37104 vs 38300 for example.
> The only one I have an issue with, really, is the rename of the environment
> variable to QML2_IMPORT_PATH - purely from a consistency perspective with
> the other envvars like QML_COMPILER_STATS and so forth.
>
> I've added Martin as reviewer to most of them, to see if he has any issue
> with any of the changes, also.

Qt least the import path variable needs to be disambiguated because they refer
to different hierarchies. We don't want Qt Quick 2 loading Qt Quick 1 plugins.

As for the other variables, I'm all ears: do you prefer to rename them all or
keep some with the same name as in Qt Quick 1?

As for 38300, that's not a change of mine. Ossi is introducing a
qml1_plugin.prf feature to qmake which makes creating Qt Quick 1 plugins
easier, but he's introducing them without the changes I've proposed in this
email. His changes conflict with mine, so one of the two of us will need to
adapt and rebase.