[Development] Qt 5.0 Beta Performance

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Mon Sep 3 09:42:10 CEST 2012

On 08/31/2012 02:05 AM, ext David Boosalis wrote:
> I download the latest beta version of Qt 5.0 onto my Linux box (Kubuntu
> 12.04) . For  a beta it looks real good, but one thing I found
> concerning was the performance.  I mean even running the demo "samegame"
> take over 98% of my cpu. Being that it is only the first beta release I
> am sure there is plenty of room for optimization,   but 98% of my
> I5-2500 cpu seems  a little excessive. I did the default configure and
> build so maybe it was built without any optimization.  Any thoughts on
> this ?

I only see it hovering at around 7 % CPU on Ubuntu 12.04 with Intel HD
Graphics 3000. It could as someone else mentioned be caused by a lack of
vsync enabled in the graphics driver control panel, or in the desktop
effects control panel on KDE. A lack of vsync might cause rendering to
happen at a rate of many hundred fps, way above what's necessary.

--
Samuel