[Development] About QML depends on opengl

marco.bubke at nokia.com marco.bubke at nokia.com
Tue Sep 4 09:58:47 CEST 2012

Hi Song

>From the man page:

"glXMakeCurrent does two things: It makes ctx the current GLX rendering context of the calling thread, replacing the previously current context if there was one, and it attaches ctx to a GLX drawable, either a window or a GLX pixmap. As a result of these two actions, subsequent GL rendering calls use rendering context ctx to modify GLX drawable drawable. Because glXMakeCurrent always replaces the current rendering context with ctx, there can be only one current context per thread."

So you have always only one current context. It is like the world, you can always only be in one context. To change the context, you have to switch to a other context. :-)

Best regards, M