[Development] Removing Wacom support in Qt5

Ariel Molina ariel at edis.mx
Thu Sep 6 02:17:39 CEST 2012

> I think on Linux the support for tablets and touchscreens is improving
> (I and a couple more coworkers have put in some time on that
> recently); the problem seems to be just on Windows, right?
There are no other reports, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem
in other platforms.
Look at this bug, it's from 2010.

also: QTBUG-26020

> having the configure script disable it by default on Windows builds
> would be a good idea until the bugs are fixed,
Disabling Wacom in windows by default would work. But then even
QtCreator, qmlviewer/scene and qmlpuppet should be shipped with that
wacomless version.

> If we did
> disable it on Windows though, the tablet would still act like a mouse
> anyway, right?
No, it doesn't work either. Digia created a patch but was rejected as a "hack".

QTBUG-6127 QTBUG-12974 QTBUG-11609 QTBUG-22277 QTBUG-19715 QTBUG-5065
Many of them are still "unresolved" dating from years ago.

The simple presence of a Wacom driver generates trouble (yes, only Qt apps).

Ariel