[Development] [DRAFT] Interested in Widgets Maintainership (was: Re: Nominating Marc Mutz for approver status)

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Thu Sep 6 21:21:38 CEST 2012

Hi Marc,

On Sep 6, 2012, at 4:43 PM, ext Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday September 5 2012, Sergio Ahumada wrote:
>> On 09/05/2012 04:42 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>> It's been now 15 business days since Marc was nominated for approvership
>>> and seconded.
>>>
>>> Whoever can grant him permissions, please do so.
>>>
>>> He's got a lot of commits he needs to stage...
>
> Indeed... :)
>
>> Somebody already granted him with Approver rights.
>
> I'd like to use this opportunity to mention that I'd like to take on
> maintenance of QtWidgets.
>
> I know that my contributions so far have mostly been to QtCore, and I'm still
> interested in contributing there, since I have a strong personal interest in
> multithreading and C++11, but I also see that QtWidgets could do with a bit
> of TLC, and I feel more at home here than, say, QtQuick.
>
> As most of you will know, at the QtCS, KDAB promised to produce a QtWidgets
> maintainer. I've talked with Till and other KDABians, and I have been ensured
> of their full support on this.
>
> So I guess the question now becomes: would you, the community, have me? :)

Great to hear you're stepping up. My only worry is that the widget cluster is a big beast. Even with item views carved out it's rather large. In that respect I really want to find someone else in addition that would take over some parts and share the load (I'm actually looking around currently…).

Cheers,
Lars