[Development] Qt 4.8 clang and libc++

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Sat Sep 8 18:32:57 CEST 2012

On 9/8/12 9:55 AM, Olivier Goffart wrote:

>>> No. The other way was mentioned already in this thread.
>>
>> no, you need to link with libc++ to have the library support for c++11.
>
> You can also get recent GCC's libstdc++

I tried GCC 4.7 (via MacPorts) to build Qt 5 a couple of months ago and
it didn't go well. Mainly some Apple-ism in the system headers and
compiler flags. Basically building GUI apps with non-Apple GCC can be
really trying.

On the other hand, non-Apple Clang 3.1 (again via MacPorts) with the new
macx-clang-libc++ mkspec in Qt 5 works really well. MacPorts Clang
doesn't have the 10.7 minimum requirement when using -stdlib=libc++ flag.

Now I don't know if the same applies to Qt 4.8 but MacPorts Clang should
make it a bit easier.