[Development] Removing Wacom support in Qt5

Rene Jensen rene at catatonic.dk
Sun Sep 9 11:41:55 CEST 2012

> That combination of items just doesn't make sense to me.
> Your scenario might differ, but try this: a clean Win7 HP or Pro
> install, get any of the latest Intuos4 driver, Qt 4.8.x (I used the
> SDK) and QtC 2.5.x, create a new QtQuick UI, just the simple "Hello
> World" QtC creates for you. Switch back and forth a few times, bonus
> points if you do it fast. I promise you will begin to dislike wacom
> and begin to wonder why this buggy code that helps <1% of Qt Apps has
> the potential to affect the other >99%. Right know now I need to
> include a warning note: "This software will break if you install wacom
> drivers for a random Wacom, expensive Wacoms might not break this sw,
> you're on your own."

You got my attention enough that I wanted to look into it (although I'm
totally *not* worthy of even attempting to fix stuff in Qt, nor do I have
the time for it). I am pretty close to the scenario above. Fresh Win7, just
installed the driver for my Intuos4 half an hour ago, fired up QtC 2.5.2
(revision  f25dadf80e) as well as QtC 2.4.1 (revision 8cd370e163). Made a
QtQuick UI project for Qt 4.8.1 MSVC desktop.
Alt-tabbing like crazy yielded no crash, neither for QtC 2.4.1 nor 2.5.2.
That was the excepted outcome, right?
Can you help me getting there, perhaps? I've played with the pen while
fooling around in QtC too.

Incidently, for the project I am currently implementing for a company, I
switched back from QtC 2.5 to QtC 2.4 exactly due to a huge amount of
crashes (and, I think, qml-related as in crashes when switching to the QML
designer). But as said, the Intuos driver was installed half an hour ago.

Regards,
Rene Jensen