[Development] Removing Wacom support in Qt5

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:11:00 CEST 2012

On 10 September 2012 19:20, Ariel Molina <ariel at edis.mx> wrote:
>> I grabbed the Intuos 3, it's still around.  And I can reproduce the
>> bug that with Qt 4.x apps (even the latest Creator released) it's not
>> usually possible to interact with most QWidgets using the Wacom mouse.
>
> Are you able to reproduce the bug i originally found?
>
> 1. Unplug your wacom
> 2. Grab QtC. File-> New -> QtQuick UI
> 3. Default everything to create the Hello World
>
> At this point you might get random popup windows showing a driver
> error, then switch back and forth Quick Designer view and code view,
> if you make it very fast (use F4) you get the bug in a few seconds.
> QtC eventually locks, or gets empty designer views.
>
> I noticed a lot of qmlpupet.exe zombie-like processes in Windows.

No that scenario is working OK for me.  When I'm in designer view I
get 3 qmlpuppet.exe processes, and when I go back to code view they go
away.  I can switch back and forth as often as I like.  This is with
both Creator 2.4.1 (latest SDK) and 2.5.2 (latest standalone Creator
download), on 64-bit Windows 7.  If I leave the Wacom plugged in, it's
still OK.  (But as I said above, I often can't interact with Qt
widgets using the Wacom mouse.)