[Development] Building Qt5 on windows

kai.koehne at nokia.com kai.koehne at nokia.com
Fri Sep 14 10:45:27 CEST 2012

>> From: development-bounces+kai.koehne=nokia.com at qt-project.org [development-bounces+kai.koehne=nokia.com at qt-project.org] on behalf of ext Jonathan Liu [net147 at gmail.com]
>
> GCC uses CPATH with paths separated by colons instead of INCLUDE.
> GCC uses LIBRARY_PATH with paths separated by colons instead of LIB.
>
>INCLUDE and LIB are used by Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler not GCC.

Hi Jonathan,

I'm not sure about the exact relationship between CPATH/INCLUDE and LIBRARY_PATH/LIB, but what I know is that gcc does care about INCLUDE and LIB. I managed to run mingw32-make one or two times in an environment with INCLUDE and LIB set to MSVC, and the result was that gcc picked up the wrong headers ...

Regards,

Kai