[Development] Git commit hook keywords

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 00:34:03 CEST 2012

On 15 September 2012 22:56, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two minor questions:
>
> 1) How are new contributors (or even old time) supposed to use the git
> commit hooks? Is it documented somewhere? Could something like that be
> documented on, or referenced from the Gerrit introduction and contribution
> pages? Currently the procedure is just to grep through the log which I
> personally find unhandy. We have these well documented at the company and
> also in KDE. This helps a lot in general.

If you're talking about the commit hook for the Change-id, it's all
documented here http://qt-project.org/wiki/Setting-up-Gerrit

> 2) We have been using "QTBUG-19037" throughout the changes, but what is the
> preferred way of referring to a gerrit discussion? Currently, I do not see
> any QTREVIEW-1 or similar keyword when browsing the log. I presume I could
> use just the direct link for the time being or quote from the discussion.

It's possible to just give a link to the review (either its number or
the Change-id + the repository are unique in gerrit; you can get a
direct link with the link "Permalink" on a review's main page), but I
don't know of a method to reference a *specific* comment on a patch.

Cheers,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo