[Development] Git commit hook keywords

simon.hausmann at nokia.com simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Sun Sep 16 01:09:06 CEST 2012

Is there an actual hook that triggers when somebody uses Task-number: QTBUG-1234 in a commit message? I am under the impression that at this point it is merely a convention that could be hooked up with Jira in the future.

Simon

--
Sendt fra min Nokia N916.09.12 00:45 skrev ext Laszlo Papp:
If you're talking about the commit hook for the Change-id, it's all
documented here http://qt-project.org/wiki/Setting-up-Gerrit

I meant all the hook keywords in general. At least the "Task-number: QTBUG-XXX" is documented in there. Unsure if there are other undocumented practices as well. It would be nice to get all of them documented.

> 2) We have been using "QTBUG-19037" throughout the changes, but what is the
> preferred way of referring to a gerrit discussion? Currently, I do not see
> any QTREVIEW-1 or similar keyword when browsing the log. I presume I could
> use just the direct link for the time being or quote from the discussion.

It's possible to just give a link to the review (either its number or
the Change-id + the repository are unique in gerrit; you can get a
direct link with the link "Permalink" on a review's main page), but I
don't know of a method to reference a *specific* comment on a patch.

I was proposing to avoid the direct link or permalink just as "Task-number: QTBUG-XXX" hides that. It is handier because then it is clickable right away without copy and paste. I do not need specific comment as "Task-number: QTBUG-XXX" will not get you there either. As for me, it seems a QTREVIEW-XXX like solution could handle this.

Laszlo