[Development] Adding network services to Service Framework

Lincoln Ramsay a1291762 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:11:08 CEST 2012

So I have this little client/server thing that started life as a single
program. All the networking bits are kind of yuck and a pain to maintain
and I was thinking that from a high level, this all feels kind of like
Service Framework, just over a network.

So I tried putting network support into Service Framework itself. It's
not very polished and will probably always have issues but it does seem
to work.

There's a change to allow QRemoteServiceRegister to support new types.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/34930

There's the main change that adds a new service type.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/34931

There's a crappy little example I tried to come up with, since the
program I made this for isn't actually useful outside of my house.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/34933

I'm not advocating these for 5.0. Just getting them up for review. Maybe
this can be polished up for 5.1 or something.

--
Link