[Development] Qt 5 file hierarchy

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 24 12:24:45 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 24 de setembro de 2012 11.34.45, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On Friday, September 21, 2012 18:20:33 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On sexta-feira, 21 de setembro de 2012 18.01.28, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > include/        - versioned include dirs:
> > >         QtCore5 or QtCore-5 or QtCore.5 or Qt5Core/
> >
> > Oops, this won't work, as it breaks source-compatibility completely.
>
> It could be fixed with syncqt and forwarding headers if we really want to go
> down that route. I'm just noting that it's not an unworkable idea.

Right, but I think that having the include dir called simply "QtCore" is the
better solution. The default includedir is $prefix/include, but distros already
know to change that to $prefix/include/$packagename for large installations. Qt
will be no exception here.

What I'm more worried about is that Ossi has done a lot of changes to the way
syncqt works. It might be tied to the TARGET variable in the .pro file, which
we'll need to change to add the "5" if we go for my proposal.