[Development] Not stripping our binaries by default

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Sep 25 11:26:00 CEST 2012

> That's incorrect. We (Debian/Ubuntu) apply a patch since ages to avoid
> stripping.

Why? It just works fine on Harmattan and Ubuntu-arm using the debian tools.
It sounds broken to fail /all/ the time. Such a buildsystem should really
be fixed, or the package file should use the relevant option established.

A patch that I pulled in Meego builds as well.

Not really, it works fine without that. See the community repository or the
rpm builds. Perhaps you could point out what exactly was wrong in your
case? This should really be a no problem, and it is better to fix this in
one place than trying to force for each upstream projects like the Qt
Project in this case.

> As far as I'm concerned, I welcome Thiago's patch.

Laszlo