[Development] bool QProcess::waitForFinished() Race Condition?

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:32:27 CEST 2012

Ahh that makes sense. Thank you!

Here is my proposed change for the documentation regarding the return
value from waitForFinished() :

Returns true if the process finished; otherwise returns false (if the
operation timed out, if an error occurred, or if this QProcess is
already finished. Note that the QProcess being finished is different
from the underlying process being finished. If you call start() and
your underlying process finishes before you can call
waitForFinished(), the QProcess object itself will not be considered
finished until execution returns to the event loop and QProcess can
then account for the fact that the underlying process has finished).

I don't have a git clone and gerrit set up atm otherwise I'd submit
it. Can someone else do it for me?

And another semi-OT question relating to documentation: how are we
synchronizing wiki edits of the documentation with the git copies?
Seeing as the documentation lives in the .cpp files, automatic
synchronization sounds... uhhh... difficult.

d3fault