[Development] What's with bugreports.qt-project.org?

Shaw Andy Andy.Shaw at digia.com
Wed Sep 26 12:44:46 CEST 2012

> 26.09.2012, в 14:15, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> написал(а):
>
> 26.09.2012, 11:09, "Иван Комиссаров" <abbapoh at gmail.com>:
> >> I would like to ask a question - what's with Qt Jira? Does any people really
> look at it and fix bugs? For the past 2 years, situation get worse and worse -
> 3-4 years ago bugs were fixed rather rapid. Nowadays it seems noone even
> looking at Jira. I have 14 unresolved bugs (also i watch 16 more reports), only
> 3 of my bugs has assignees; only 5 has priorities. Should i say that newest
> prioritised bug is 1.2 years old?
> >
> > Feel free to submit patches or buy support.
>
> I do, but sometimes i don't have enough time/knowledge to fix something
> (for example, Cocoa bugs/crashes). Isn't this crash https://bugreports.qt-
> project.org/browse/QTBUG-16274 important? Unfortunately, i can't fix it
> myself... I tried to find someone at irc channel who can help me with cocoa
> issues, but nobody volunteered too.
>
> And i'm not sure that buying support will provide any help except endless
> mailing with support and their answers "we will do that soon". Yes, Digia site
> says they will fix my bugs, but i doubt this. From my point of view, it seems
> everybody is busy with Qt5 and fixing bugs is a low priority in Qt...

I am just going to specifically refer to this part in my capacity as Head of Support at Digia.  But the support team (myself included) do strive to fix bugs or provide workarounds, we have a good track record in this respect.  It is as a result of customers reporting bugs to us that we are able to fix some bugs sooner than it may happen by going via the bug tracker at bugreports.qt-project.org.  This is because the support team's priorities are for the customers first so we deal with what they are bringing to our attention.  Granted not everything is fixed, but I can assure you that it does make a difference to be a customer and report things to us.

Regards,
Andy