[Development] Qt 5 and MinGW 64 - great progress!

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Wed Sep 26 17:00:25 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I wrote a while ago that 'I haven't found a stock native MinGW 64 bit package yet that can compile Qt 5 + Qt Creator.' And since I get cited on this I guess it's time to correct it :)

Thanks to personal efforts of various people both on the Qt side (namely Jonathan Liu), as well as on the MinGW side I've just compiled Qt Essentials (including webkit) + Qt Creator with both MinGW-32, MinGW-builds (gcc 4.7.2, native 64), Ruben's MinGW (gcc 4.7.2 native 64) and tdm-gcc (4.7.1, native 64)! So thanks to all who contributed!

Regards

Kai

--
Kai Koehne, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius