[Development] Qt5 Beta cross compiling problem

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Thu Sep 27 18:37:18 CEST 2012

On Thu, September 27, 2012 05:11:23 PM Christoph Kurz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem cross compiling the Qt5-Beta for an i.MX6 Board.
> The host OS is a Fedora Linux, the target OS is an embedded Linux.
>
> Steps taken so far:
>
> – I set up LTIB and created a rootfs for the target.
>
> – I downloaded the Qt5 sourcecode and excluded svg and webkit by renaming
> the corresponding folders
>
> – I copied the linux-imx6-makespec in the qtbase/mkspecs folder (see
> attachment "config.txt")

Their is a naming convention for mkspecs ... not sure how it's definition looks
exactly, but it should be named: linux-imx6-g++

Anyway, you could have saved your self a lot of work by using the
device-mkspec: mkspecs/devices/linux-imx6-g++

(Their is also a patch to simplify it:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,31908
... but the one in master should do it as well )

This is made with/for ltib, so it should work ... if not: let me know!

> - I configured the build with the following command (runs without any
> errors): ./configure -prefix /home/local/CW01/uidv7014/Qt_for_target
> -developer-build -confirm-license -opensource -nomake tests -nomake docs
> -nomake demos -nomake examples -no-xcb -no-wayland -xplatform linux-imx6
> -arch armv7 -opengl es2 -openvg -eglfs -release -v

-openvg is useless at the moment :) No openvg code in qt5

> - I tried to run make, but after a while, an error occurs (see attachment
> "error.txt")
>

> As this error seems to occur in the neon-package, I excluded it by using the
> -no-neon option in the configure-command. This seems to work, but then a
> very similar error occurs in the sqlite-package and in various other
> packages, too.

Not sure about that error .. have never seen it
   (It could(!) be caused by violating the mkspec-naming-schema, but not very
likely)

What you can try is:
 - find out where and how those missing symbols are defined
    (should be a simple grep)
 - find out why he isn't building and/or linking those symbols
    (maybe a .o-file is missing, or a define is set wrong/is not set...)

I would guess it's a bug in some project file regarding neon ... or a multi-
layer-#ifdef-bug in a .cpp file

Can you post the sqlite-package error? ... Maybe they are totally unrelated
and just not trigger he can't link gui