[Development] Qt5 Beta cross compiling problem

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Fri Sep 28 15:04:14 CEST 2012

On Fri, September 28, 2012 01:30:34 PM Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2012 11.16.42, Thomas Senyk wrote:
> > > No, it shouldn't. It should be linux-g++-imx6. There are several
> > > sections
> > > of the .pro files that test for "<os>-<compiler>-*", e.g. in simd.prf:
> > >
> > > *-g++*|linux-icc*|*-clang*|*-qcc* {
> >
> > A good to know! Thanks.
> >
> > But this is not followed strictly :)
>
> I can't find any "linux-g++*" in our source code, which is the most likely
> one to cause problems (cross-compilation to embedded devices). That means
> you've just got away with it, for the time being. It might break at any
> time.
> > Most of the wince mkspecs have there architecture between <os> and
> > <compiler> (where all other have it at the end (e.g. linux-g++-64
> >
> > And similar to that, all(!) device spec's are like:
> > linux-[arch-]<board/chip>-g++
>
> Those are new things and, clearly, all wrong.
>
> It's linux-g++-<complement>. I reserve the right to unintentionally break
> any mkspec not following that rule. Therefore, please rename them all at
> the earliest opportunity.
>
> That said, one of Ossi's recent changes was to have the compiler name in a
> different variable, so we avoid this problem completely. Depending on the
> mkspec was fragile.

I'm not sure I get what you trying to tell me :)

Is it "You should change now, but if you're lucky you could get away with
beeing "lazy" and wait until ossi's changed settled and change then
accordingly"?

... because if so, I would rather wait, because right now it's working and if
we need to change it soon anyway I would rather do one change then two.

(by the way: the change is more then just renaming folders)

Greets
Thomas