[Development] Qt5 Beta cross compiling problem

Christoph Kurz c.kurz at melph.de
Fri Sep 28 15:46:19 CEST 2012

> Their is a naming convention for mkspecs ... not sure how it's definition
> looks
> exactly, but it should be named: linux-imx6-g++

My mkspec was in a folder "linux-imx6". I always thought the mkspec-folder was
specified by the "-xplatform"-option in the configure-command?
Now, I simply changed it to "linux-g++-imx6" and tried to rerun configure and
make.
That seems to work, at least there are no obvious errors.

> Anyway, you could have saved your self a lot of work by using the
> device-mkspec: mkspecs/devices/linux-imx6-g++
>
> (Their is also a patch to simplify it:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,31908
> ... but the one in master should do it as well )

> This is made with/for ltib, so it should work ... if not: let me know!

I tried both files with adapted configure-commands, but the best I could get was
an error from opengl es2.
That looked like a wrong path somewhere but I dropped that approach as my own
file worked fine so far.

I used the same file to cross-compile the Qt5-alpha, where I had no problems.
I thought using the same file for the beta would avoid problems that I had with
the alpha.

> One side note, as I just stumbled over it:
> I need to pass: -no-pch to configure

Thanks, I stumbled across that shortly after I tried to compile it without the
option, and that was a few minutes before you wrote.