[Development] CMake tests with 64 bit windows

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Apr 10 13:08:53 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 07:30:34 you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we encountered some trouble when setting up a new CI machine where we would
> run Windows 7 64 bit and compile in 64 bit mode. The CMake tests fail
> there.

Andy/Patrick, have you ever seen something like this before?

 ClCompile:
   two.cpp
   two_automoc.cpp
 Qt5Core.lib(Qt5Core.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64'
conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

More logging:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/10746

Tony, please download the attached files and execute the build with qmake and
cmake (both with nmake and visual studio generators) and post all of the
terminal output. Something like this:

 cd qtcmaketest
 mkdir qmaketest
 cd qmaketest
 C:\path\to\Qt5\bin\qmake.exe ..
 nmake
 cd ..
 mkdir cmake_nmake
 cd cmake_nmake
 cmake .. -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 -
DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=C:\path\to\Qt5\lib\cmake
 cmake --build .
 cd ..
 cd cmake_vs
 cmake .. -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=C:
\path\to\Qt5\lib\cmake
 cmake --build .
 cd ..

Thanks,