[Development] qt-5.0.1 incorrect ..._install_prefix cmake vars ?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Apr 10 16:23:10 CEST 2013

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> On Saturday, March 30, 2013 13:39:20 Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Stephen Kelly wrote:

>> > Interesting that you don't use nomake-tests. Do you run the tests too?
>>
>> I wasn't aware of them I guess.  how to to do it?
>
> Well, actually many of the tests expect a non-release build of Qt, so you
> probably can't run them all, and I don't think the subset that you can run
> is well-defined. That may change at some point though.
>
>  https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27315
>
> In the mean-time you can speed up your build by passing -nomake-tests I
> guess.
>

>> > To verify that the cmake files work, after installing the packages,
>> > please try to run the unit tests for cmake which are in each
>> > repo/tarball with
>> >
>> > something like this:
>> >  cd tests/auto/cmake && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && ctest
>> >
>> > Each module source package has those tests.
>> >
>> > See also:
>> >
>> > http://qt-project.org/wiki/Sanity-Test-Guidelines#2edf0c39136a2b7d30b58967
>> > 87928be7
>> Thanks.  Eep, I do see a bunch of failures with my initial
>> qtbase-5.0.2-rc1 build:
>>
>> The following tests FAILED:
>>           1 - test_use_modules_function (Failed)
>>           3 - test_dependent_modules (Failed)
>>          12 - test_private_includes (Failed)
>>          15 - test_testlib_no_link_gui (Failed)
>>          16 - test_testlib_no_link_widgets (Failed)
>>          18 - test_concurrent_module (Failed)
>>
>> I'll look into it more.  thanks again.
>
> Interesting selection. This could still be an upstream bug resulting from
> the choice of libdir and prefixdir.
>
> You can get more from the tests by with the option --output-on-failure or
> by setting the env var CTEST_OUTPUT_ON_FAILURE=1.

As a followup, qt-5.0.2 + the cmake patch mentioned elsewhere in this
thread, we're down to a single failure (which looks a *lot* like the problem
of the other modules we fixed already):

$ ctest --output-on-failure
Test project /home/rdieter1/pkgs.fedoraproject.org/qt5-qtbase/qtbase-
opensource-src-5.0.2/tests/auto/cmake/build
      Start  1: test_use_modules_function
 1/18 Test  #1: test_use_modules_function .........***Failed    0.03 sec
Internal cmake changing into directory:
/home/rdieter1/pkgs.fedoraproject.org/qt5-qtbase/qtbase-opensource-
src-5.0.2/tests/auto/cmake/build/test_use_modules_function
Error: cmake execution failed
CMake Warning at /usr/lib64/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreMacros.cmake:237
(find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Test" with any
  of the following names:

    Qt5TestConfig.cmake
    qt5test-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Test" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Test_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Test" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:15 (qt5_use_modules)

CMake Error at /usr/lib64/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreMacros.cmake:239 (message):
  Can not use "Test" module which has not yet been found.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:15 (qt5_use_modules)

It just occurred to me, these tests seem to operate on the installed copy of
qtbase, not the in-source-tree-just-built-but-not-yet-installed one.   Is it
possible to be able to run these tests without actually installing qtbase?
(in short, I'd like to be able to run these tests during the build as a
sanity check, if at all possible)

-- rex