[Development] Taking the new download system into production

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Thu Apr 11 16:27:05 CEST 2013

On Thursday 11 April 2013 13:02:07 Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> PS. Torrents are still under study. Most likely they can be quite easily
> enabled, we'll see in the near future. Personally I am non convinced of
> their benefits, but maybe that is just me ;)

The benefits of torrents are not visible if you have a fast and reliable
internet connection and the CDN has a node close to you.

Torrents are better if you have a flaky connection, you are far from the main
site/CDN, or you have to break your connection frequently for some reason
(e.g. running to the next meeting). My guess would be that you won't see an
appreciable drop in traffic, but torrents would help users with bad or slow
connections.

	Konrad