[Development] Build Qt outside source directory

Алексей Павлов alexpux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:05:28 CEST 2013

Hi, all!

I try to build Qt5 with MinGW from git outside Qt source directory. I have
directory structure like below:
                                                  work
                                               /           \
                                            src         build-x64
                                             /                 \
                                         qt-stable       qt-stable

I configure Qt in work/build-x64/qt-stable using relative path:
  perl  ../../src/qt-stable/configure $args

When building I have error with only one private header
qbasicfontdatabase_p.h. In my case it is on
work/build-x64/qt-stable/qt-base/include/QtPlatformSupport/5.1.0/QtPlatformSupport/private
directory and contains:

#include "../../../../../../../../src/qt-stable/src/platformsupport/f
ontdatabases/basic/qbasicfontdatabase_p.h"

When build process in work/qt-stable/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/offscreen
I have error with absent qbasicfontdatabase_p.h.
If I remove one "../" from long include then build resume fine.

How I can fix it?

Regards, Alexey.