[Development] BlackBerry Jenkins server

Wolfgang Bremer wbremer at rim.com
Fri Apr 12 17:17:29 CEST 2013

Hi there,

this is another update regarding the Blackberry CI server.

We are actually testing more Qt branches concurrently on multiple devices.
The system is working in this manner already since about a month and
looks stable enough for a further upstream integration.

*Where?*
http://qtlab.blackberry.com/ is the official public website

*Which Qt versions/branches?*
The following branches are currently built and tested.
Qt-4.8, Qt-4.8-bb10
Qt-5 dev and stable (qtbase -> qtjsbackend -> qtxmlpatterns ->
qtdeclarative)
(QtSensors, Qt3d, QtConnectivity, QtGraphicalEffects, QtLocation
probably following soon)

*How?*
The mentioned branches are cloned, built and afterwards the auto tests
executed on the attached devices.
The specific jobs are started periodically at fixed time slots.
At first the x86 architecture is built for the BB10 simulator but not
tested.
It would be necessary to start multiple simulator instances to speed up
the testing for x86.
If the x86 job was successful, the build procedure for ARM is started
and afterwards tested.
At the moment there are 7 devices attached to the server, but we aim at
8 devices(different types) in total.

*Which auto tests?*
Currently some test sets are excluded because they are unstable or
simply produce core dumps.
A list of blacklisted tests is available together with a reason
separately for Qt4 and Qt5.
Qt4 blacklist:
https://qt.gitorious.org/+rim-qt-developers/qt/rim-qtqa/blobs/master/scripts/blacklist-qt4-tests
Qt5 blacklist:
https://qt.gitorious.org/+rim-qt-developers/qt/rim-qtqa/blobs/master/scripts/blacklist-qt5-tests

*Test results?*
I've chosen the xunit Jenkins plugin to analyze and present the testing
results.
It is very good at presenting the results but sometimes fails to set the
correct build result.
Probably this will need further investigations.
If you are interested in the test results of a specific Qt branch just
do the following:
Choose a job e.g. qt-5-qtbase-stable, select the architecture ARM(x86
does only contain one fake result)
and finally "Latest Test Result".
This will give you an overview of all failed tests:
http://qtlab.blackberry.com/job/qt-5-qtbase-stable/ARCH=ARM/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
If you want to know the trend of recent results click on "History":
http://qtlab.blackberry.com/job/qt-5-qtbase-stable/ARCH=ARM/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/history/?#

*What's next?*
We are looking forward to an upstream integration together with the
qt-project.org CI system.
Could the responsible guys at Digia/Qt-Project please stand up? :)