[Development] PSA: qt_gerrit downtime and forgetfulness

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Thu Apr 18 14:05:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

A short PSA: qt_gerrit had some downtime this morning (and is now
back, at least in a few channels).

The post mortem: some fat-fingered user of that server hosting
qt_gerrit (i.e. me) made a rather serious mistake that meant the
server needed reinstallation. The code for qt_gerrit was safe (as it's
stored in git), but the configuration file was lost.

This means that if you had qt_gerrit in your channel, he doesn't
remember anymore. If you would like him in there, please ask me.

For those of you who don't know about qt_gerrit:
- he's a bot
- he announces gerrit changes in qt_gerrit (and soon, other channels
on demand, if I ever get around to rewriting that feature - e.g.
jsondb used to send their messages to their development channel)
- he looks up information on JIRA changes if you mention a bug id
- he may do some other fun things as I get ideas and time to implement them

Thanks (& sorry for the inconvenience),

Robin