[Development] Bootstrapping QDoc

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 17:30:42 CEST 2013

Hello,

Not too long ago, I was able to compile Qt's HTML documentation by
simply running 'configure' followed by 'make html_docs'. It was really
easy and really fast, as I didn't have to build an entire git repo
first.

That's not the case anymore -- calling 'make html_docs' after
'configure' led to an attempt to run qdoc.exe, which did not yet
exist. I'm guessing it's because QDoc is no longer bootstrapped
(https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,52739). The patch mentioned
making bootstrapping "optional" -- does that mean I can re-enable it?
If so, how?

Regards,
Sze-Howe