[Development] QML - PathView not responding on drag event with touch

Matteo Brichese mbrichese at came.it
Tue Apr 30 09:13:07 CEST 2013

>PathView, like many QtQuick components that you might think of as touch-oriented, is actually only handling mouse >events.  So it works because it will get synthesized mouse events on devices that don't already provide them.  (The >upside is it should work the same with mouse and touch.  The downside is the circuitous path the touch events take >to get there.)
>If your device is running Linux with x11 you might try xev or xinput or mttest to see if it sends any events >otherwise.  It's strange that just having multitouch makes it worse.  Can you send the output of lsinput?

I don't have lsinput command on my board, it's an angstrom distribution.

>If you are using evdevtouch, I guess it's because the X11 driver isn't working or isn't installed or you aren't running >X?  So probably Qt will only see touch events, not mouse events, by reading them directly from evdev, and there >are about 3 places mouse events could be synthesized, but we expect that they should be synthesized in >QQuickWindow.  Hopefully you are using QGuiApplication, but if you have a QApplication you might need to turn >off the Qt::AA_SynthesizeMouseForUnhandledTouchEvents attribute to make sure it can't happen twice.  (That >type of synthesis will probably be removed, by this patch:  https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,54816  >because it seems redundant.)

I'm using X and xcb plugin, no eglfs by now, it's a Tegra2 device, touchscreen is an eGalax touchscreen (USB+DVI), I'm using QApplication, and the only thing I do is to launch the main.qml file.

>Nowadays Qt has support for multitouch via xinput 2.2, so if you have a recent X server, xinput and evdev, you >shouldn't need the evdevtouch plugin anymore.

I don't know why I'm using evdevtouch, but it's seems that the multitouch capabilities only works if I specify the evdevtouch parameter, if I don't specify anything or some other options like "-plugin evdev:/dev/input/event1" or with tslib or xinput, multitouch simply doesn't work.

My Xorg version is :
X.Org X Server 1.11.2
Release Date: 2011-11-04

The strange thing is that with a ListView everything goes very well.

---
Matteo Brichese
Software Engineer
mbrichese at came.it