[Development] [QtSerialPort] Porting to Android

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Aug 1 10:22:38 CEST 2013

This is the latest blog post to be up to date:
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/07/23/anatomy-of-a-qt-5-for-android-application/

Android contributions have been going to Qt for a while. Check QtSensors
how they have managed the android bits, or QtMultimedia for reference.
Also, there is Q_OS_ANDROID.

When the bugzilla entry was being submitted, I tried to ask around in
#qt-labs, but there was not much reaction. I can understand it is not a hot
topic. :)

It would have been useful from the reporter to actually report what does
not work or if he had tried to build it on Android already. QNX will
require a slightly different backend, but I have no experience with
Android, nor time to explore, nor device.