[Development] Qt 5.1 with DBus on Windows 7, 64bit, Visual Studio 2012

Shane Kearns shane.kearns.qt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:44:05 CEST 2013

1 - DBus is a linux framework for IPC.
While it's been ported to windows to ease porting of linux applications to
windows, it's not the native way to do IPC there.

Most windows machines won't have the DBus libraries / headers installed to
compile & run QtDBus against.

2 - unknown, we don't routinely test QtDBus on windows, as far as I know.

3 - QtDbus is unfortunately part of the QtBase module, rather than its own
module.
So this isn't supported (it may be possible, which is a different question)