[Development] QStandardPath search paths

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Aug 2 11:50:57 CEST 2013

On Thursday 01 August 2013 08:44:24 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Maybe the solution is to un-deprecate the QFile::encodeName function and
> make  it resolve to an absolute, native file path.

Yes, this sounds good. It will keep existing code working, since we use
QFile::encodeName() any time a fileName-as-a-QString must be passed to a
native function call.

> > It definitely doesn't fit with the "standard" part of QStandardPaths
>
> QStandardPaths returns "paths that are standard in this system". If one of
> them is a Qt file engine, then I don't see a problem in it returning
> "assets:/main.qml".

There's standard-for-Qt and standard-for-the-OS, but let's not play on words,
I don't feel strongly enough about this to start bikeshedding ;)