[Development] Request for chromium snapshot repository in gerrit.

Zeno Albisser zeno.albisser at digia.com
Fri Aug 2 15:46:11 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would like to request a repository in gerrit to hold a Chromium snapshot for QtWebEngine.

We are not planning on doing actual development in this repository.
It is supposed to hold a snapshot of upstream Chromium sources that we can update
on a regular base. QtWebEngine depends on the availability of these sources.

Such a repository is necessary to be able to build QtWebEngine in the CI system.
Also it will allow us to flatten out the Chromium submodules repository layout,
cut off the history and remove files that we do not depend on.
The overall size of the repository should therefore be much smaller and much easier to handle
for the CI system, compared to the upstream Chromium repository.

- Zeno

--
Zeno Albisser
Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt