[Development] Help with build failure on Windows

Chris Meyer cmeyer1969+qt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 02:39:37 CEST 2013

I updated the source files (stable) today and tried to build [qtbase] on
Windows using nmake.

When I do this, I get an error compiling moc_qdesktopwidget.cpp that says
'QDesktopWidgetPrivate' cannot be found.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this error is occurring? My build worked
fine until this update, and as far as I can see, QDesktopWidgetPrivate is
available in qdesktopwidget_qpa_p.h.

On a general note, how is qdesktopwidget_qpa_p.h supposed to be included in
the moc_ file? I don't see any code (other than qdesktopwidget_qpa.cpp)
that includes that header file...

Is there some special magic happening that isn't obvious from the source
files? if so, how to trigger that magic to occur when rebuilding on Windows?

Here are some other references to the same issue:
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/14515
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/8511