[Development] QML engine changes

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at digia.com
Tue Aug 6 17:04:15 CEST 2013

On Monday 24. June 2013 10.26.33 Simon Hausmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you may have heard (or read), Lars, Erik and I have been working on some
> bigger changes for qtdeclarative for a while. In a nutshell we've replaced
> the V8 JavaScript engine with a new engine that we wrote (based on work by
> Roberto and Aaron). We've progressed rather well and in our wip/v4 branch
> in qtdeclarative we're now passing all auto tests (as well as the
> ECMAScript 262 test suite). So that's why we'd like to propose merging this
> work into qtdeclarative mainline (dev branch), in the coming days/week(s) -
> in time for Qt 5.2 though.

Well, the time has come and after many days of auto test battles we have an
integration running in the CI system that targets QtDeclarative's dev branch
and that - *fingers crossed* - should integrate. That's going to replace the v8
dependency with a new built-in engine, that is still going to see a lot of
further improvements (especially on the performance side) towards the release
of Qt 5.2 (so nobody panic yet, please :)

Simon