[Development] Puzzled by desktop development priorities, Mac OS specifically [Warning: Rant]

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Tue Aug 6 17:38:43 CEST 2013

On 6 Aug 2013, at 5:09 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Note that there is nothing "Plugins/qml" in that bundle.
>
> Copy that photosurface.app to a system with no Qt (or remove/rename your
> original Qt so that the plugins there can't be found) and try again.

Yes I renamed the top-level directory of the Qt that I used to build the app.  The rsync in the script copies the qml stuff into Contents/MacOS (no surprise if that's not the canonical place to put it though), so e.g. photosurface.app/Contents/MacOS/QtQuick/Dialogs/WidgetFileDialog.qml exists, and the photosurface app uses it.