[Development] Android missing SONAME in lib's causes

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Tue Aug 13 13:13:35 CEST 2013

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 04:04:40 BogDan wrote:
> > Bogdan, how does https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,61330 break the
> > qt creator plugin?
>
> Hi,
>
> It breaks it because QTC plugin expects that .so libs to end with ".so" and
> we need to synchronize the new QTC with Qt 5.2 release.

I don't understand.

My patch does not change anything in the names of libraries. It only changes
the SONAME embedded in the library.

Please clarify.

> Anyway QTC plugin
> is the last thing that I'm worry about, probably it can be fixed in a few
> hours/days. The major problem that I see is that we need to use symlinks
> which for Android doesn't help at all,

I don't understand. My patch doesn't have anything to do with symlinks.

> IMHO the questions are:
>
> - Do we *really* need this change?

It appears so.

> - It's worth to break a lot of things to have this change?

I don't understand the breakage scenarios.

> - Isn't easier to fix cmake build system instead?

I'm not convinced cmake is broken.

> Personally I don't think we need it and (for sure) I don't think it worth
> the trouble. On the other hand, if on this list everyone else thinks that
> I'm wrong and you'll decide to submit the patch, I'll obey and I'll start
> to think how to handle this change in Ministro.

Maybe you just need to read the patch again?

Thanks,

--
Join us in October at Qt Developer Days 2013 - https://devdays.kdab.com

Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer